Involving Fathers

Involving Fathers

by Elaine Lawson -
Number of replies: 7

Undertaking a small project looking to identify some examples of best practice. 

Has anyone examples of engaging fathers in family learning projects. Especially projects targeted at fathers.

In reply to Elaine Lawson

Re: Involving Fathers

by Fiona Findleton -

Hi Elaine

John Corrigan and Rhona Cameron have both been involved in ‘men & Kids’ projects in Perth & Kinross.

I will cc them into an email to you.

by Frank Thomson -

Hi Elaine.

You should speak to Fiona Robertson of Community Learning and Home School Partnership Service in South Lanarkshire.

She has been central in the development of PROFF (Promoting the Roles Of Father Figures) which achieved national recognition for the impact of their work by winning the Education Scotland ‘Parent’s as Partners Award 2016.

Fiona's email is Fiona.robertson@southlanarkshire.gov.uk

by Catriona McNicoll -

hi Elaine

Colleagues and I have been running a Saturday group called Dads and Bairns here in Dundee. We have run 2 blocks of 6 weeks in 2 different areas of Dundee and this has involved free play, outdoor play, a craft, story time and a wee bit of singing and more. Also provided tea and toast. We have so far engaged with 14 dads. Please get in touch anytime if you'd like more info

best regards

Catriona

by shona foreman -

Hi Elaine

We have a Challenge Dad project here in Aberdeen. Please get in touch if you want to meet up to discuss.

Nice to meet you today...Shona

In reply to shona foreman

by Donald McNeill -

Hi Shona,

I am involved in Adult Learning in Angus and would be interested to find out more about Involving Fathers and how it might work in our locality.

Regards

Donald McNeill

mcneilld@angus.gov.uk