Risk Assessments for working online

Risk Assessments for working online

by Neil Paterson -
Number of replies: 11

Hi there

Does anybody have any experience of creating/an exemplar of a Risk Assessment for working online using platforms such as Microsoft Teams or Zoom?

I work in ESOL and have a particular concern about the safe use of Breakout Rooms which - to the best of my knowledge - do not allow the tutor to invigilate any rooms without entering them one at a time. There is a risk of inappropriate behaviour in an unmonitored breakout room. 

Is anybody aware of a way of monitoring breakout rooms? Or has anybody created a Risk Assessment that covers the use of Breakout Rooms in a proportionate and appropriate manner please?

Thanks for any replies.

Best wishes Neil

In reply to Neil Paterson

Re: Risk Assessments for working online

by Jennifer Nicol -

Hi there.

I'd be interested to find out more about this too. We've opted not to use breakout rooms in any of our groups unless we have a staff member or volunteer to facilitate. I think this might be the case for other authorities and some colleges. 

Jennifer.

by Andrea McMillan -

Hi

Yes, I have experience of looking at this for Glasgow Life.  Happy to be contacted to discuss.  

Best wishes

Andrea

In reply to Andrea McMillan

by Neil Paterson -

Thanks Andrea McMillan - I've just returned from AL. I will follow up your invitation to disucss the issue in due time.

Best wishes and thanks again

Neil

by Jane Logue -

HI

We have a risk assessment for zoom, I can send to you if you want it.  Like Jennifer, any breakout rooms would have a staff member or volunteer in it.

cheers

Jane

In reply to Jane Logue

Yes please

by Aileen McGovern -

Hi Jane,

Could you send a copy to me too? aileen.mcgovern@westlothian.gov.uk.

Many thanks,

Aileen

In reply to Jane Logue

by lorraine congalton -

Hi there

Please could you send me a copy too.  lcongalton@eastlothian.gov.uk

Many thanks

Lorraine

In reply to Jane Logue

by Tricia Donaghy -

Hi Jane,

I would be grateful if you could forward a copy onto me too please at tricia.donaghy@inverclyde.gov.uk

Many thanks,

Tricia

In reply to Jane Logue

by Neil Paterson -

Thanks Jane!

Just returned form AL. Like the others who have responded I would appreciate a copy of the RA also.

patersonn@angus.gov.uk

best wishes and thanks again

Neil

by Kirsty Gemmell -

Hi all

Look out in your Member Newsletter tomorrow for the link to a survey HMIE are conducting to gauge skills and professional learning needs in relation to digital delivery.  The survey mostly focusses on delivery tools, but there are also a couple of questions regarding delivering safely and referencing CLDSC Code of Ethics.

Kirsty